Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snowmen, Snowballs, Snow Forts, and um...Snow

So here we are eleven days into December and I am finally giving into the fact that it is freezing outside and the snow isn't going anywhere soon. I don't mind the snow it's just the prolonged months of frigid cold that bother me. But alas, even I can get excited about the cold fluffy stuff. Aside from getting it all in your shoes, tracking it into your house and car, scraping it off of your cars, and slipping around in it on the road, there are some things I do really enjoy about the snow. So here are five things that I want to do in the snow this winter. If I can I will try to post pictures or videos as I accomplish each one.


1) Build a snowman
Not just an ordinary snowman mind you, but rather a one of a kind snowman. One with a crazy mohawk or a six pack or one over eight feet tall. Preferably I would like to create a scene with multiple snow figures. Something like what you would see in Calvin and Hobbes.

2) Go sledding
This is something simple that I haven't done in quite a few years. I think this would be a great year to re-connect with my childhood and a sled.

3) Go skiing
I have gone skiing once a year for the past two years. Both times I have gone to Brandywine/Boston Mills, a nice but small ski resort in Cleveland. This year I would like to go at least twice and check out a bigger resort in Pennsylvania or New York.


4) Have a snowball fight
Once again a classic winter activity. I'm not talking about a few snowballs thrown around out in a parking lot but a full out snowball battle like we had when we were kids. Hopefully it won't end with someone running crying into the house cause they got hit in the face with a snowball. That seemed to always happen and it always managed to end snowball fights for a while.

5) Spend a day shoveling sidewalks and cleaning off cars for other people just to be nice.
Number five takes an entirely different approach than the last four. The winter season comes with a lot of work and many people would greatly appreciate the kind gesture. It doesn't have to be senior citizens; although they would greatly appreciate it, but anyone who hasn't had the time to shovel their walk or driveway.

So what do you enjoy doing in the snow? What are some things on your "To-Do-This-Winter List"? I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment