Monday, January 17, 2011

Try New Things Because It May Just Taste Great!


You may or may not know that I am a huge fan of Chipotle (an awesome mexican restaurant here in northern Ohio, not sure if they have Chipotle where you live). I don't eat there as often as I would like because they are a little pricey for a fast-food style restaurant. You can expect to pay about seven bucks for a burrito; however, keep in mind that a burrito from Chipotle is a complete meal in itself and a rather delicious one at that. So...in light of knowing my love for Chipotle you can imagine my skepticism when a very similar restaurant opened down the street called Qdoba which I had never heard of before, although apparently they have multiple locations across northern Ohio.
Saturday I decided to step outside my loyalty to Chipotle and try it out. What you see in the picture is all that remains of my Queso Burrito. As you can see it was quite delicious. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Qdoba's set up and layout is very similar to that of Chipotle as well as most of the menu items. While Chipotle's menu consists of burritos and tacos and chips and salsa, Qdoba offers those items as well as a variety of quesadillas and soups. Overall I was very pleased with my dining experience at Qdoba. The price was about the same six or seven bucks for a burrito that will certainly suffice as a meal in itself. The service was good and the atmosphere was fun and trendy. The only drawback is limited parking space. Also for those who are not a fan of the spiciness of Chipotle, you can get many items at Qdoba that aren't spicy. I am still a loyal fan of Chipotle, but I have expanded my horizons.

Now I realize that many of you may not live near either of these restaurants or for that matter have even heard of them. My point is this, sometimes we get stuck in a routine. Sometimes we close ourselves off to new opportunities because we become so comfortable with what we are used to. I urge you to push your comfort zones and I'm not just referring to your food choices. We can become stagnant when we become too comfortable with where we are, whether its with our jobs, our relationships with others, our relationship with Christ, and our ministry. We must continuously push forward striving to learn more, see clearer, become closer, reach farther, and love more extravagantly because when we do we can change the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment